In this episode of our podcast “Leading with Data”, Amit Shivpuja from Walmart discusses his tips for the aspiring Chief Data & Analytics officer.
Amit has observed dozens of leaders taking on data leadership roles. In this podcast, he shares his observations of the successes, pitfalls, and ways to best position yourself for a data leadership role.
Some of the questions Amit answered for us:
- How has the CDAO role evolved for the last few years? how does he think it will evolve in the future?
- Which role is best positioned to take on a CDAO role?
- What processes, technologies, and systems should an aspiring CDAO be familiar with?
- How can data be positioned as an asset and prove its value?
- What is the impact of bridging the gap between data and business teams?
- Which roles should the CDAO play and what should they be accountable for?
Amit Shivpuja, who currently leads Data Governance for Walmart’s merchandising division, has over 20 years of experience from companies like Alteryx, Deloitte, Bluvine and others. In his current role, he is in charge of creating a bridge between the company’s data and business teams.